Well done to everyone who graduated today. Fantastic work done by everyone.
All the Gup Grade self defense in one place.
I will be uploading each separately at some point and talking through each as well.
I have several YouTube Videos planned for this year. If you have any suggestions for what you want to see then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I feel Privileged to be able to teach such an amazing bunch of people, thank you one and all.
In Martial Arts our lesson’s is are centered around Respect. Here are 15 must’s how you can be respectful during your training.
- Ensure you arrive at the center 10 – 15 minutes before the lesson starts
- Make sure you keep yourself in good hygiene and your uniforms are clean and tidy
- When entering or leaving the Do Jang ensure you bow to all senior members saying hello sir/ma’am or goodbye sir/ma’am
- Ensure you remove your shoes and socks before walking on the matted area
- Non-members and children under the age of 3 must always be kept off the matted area for their own safety
- If you need to eat before class ensure that it is something small, larger meals should only be eaten a minimum of 2 hours before you train
- Ensure that food and drinks are always kept away from the matted area
- Ensure that all your belongings are neatly tucked away and that nothing is blocking any paths or doorways
- Before you enter or leave the matted area ensure that you solute and bow to the flags
- If practicing your martial arts before the class, ensure that you do not disturb others who may be training and that any equipment you use is put away at least 5 minutes before the class is due to start
- If you are under 18 certain equipment must only be used with supervision, e.g. Wavemaster, Medicine Balls and Kick Shields. If in doubt check with your Instructor.
- Ensure that you line up on the mats 2 minutes before class starts and in senior order with white belts closest to the stairs, working across to the higher ranks
- During the class if you need to leave the mats for any reason you must raise your hand and wait for your Instructors permission before bowing and saluting the flags
- If you need to enter the matted area after a lesson has started wait at the edge of the mats where you instructor can see you and once they have given you permission solute and bow then go to your place quickly
- Parents may stay during the class to watch their children train however we do request that noise is kept to a minimum, also please refrain from shouting to your child during the class as this will distract them during their training, phones must be switched off or on silent during the class.
I will try and take more photos at the next graduation, Well done to everyone who graduated and well done to everyone who tested to their next rank on the way to becoming a Blackbelt.
After teaching classes tonight and seeing how everyone is doing, I am really happy with the progress of everyone, Good luck for Saturday. Also a special mention to the 5 people testing for 1st Dan and 2 for 2nd Dan from the Bolton, Great Lever School. I wish you the best, you are all amazing.
We will be posting different exercise idea’s you can do at home, We will start with the obvious one that we’re working on during the class. The 12 day’s of Christmas
12 days of Christmas (just like the song) On the first day of Christmas our instructor give to me….
1. Push up with a clap
2. one armed push ups – 1 left 1 right
3. slow sit ups
4. tuck jumps
5. v sits
6. push ups
7. bicycle crunches
9. full sit ups
10. alt leg squat thrusts
12. Tri-cep push ups
To do this start from 1 and then do 2 then 1 and so on, just like the way the song is sang. This exercise will take about 20 to 30 minutes to complete. If you’re not very fit then take your time and do as much as you’re able to handle. If you have any health problems be sure to speak to a medical professional, who will be able to help.
Are you looking at getting started in a martial arts class?
Have you got a child that you want to do a physical activity that will get them fit?
Never done Martial Arts before?
Have you done Martial Arts but never actually stayed?
At our Bolton Branch we’re offer all new members who join during December Free Membership and Insurance saving you £30. (More if part of a family!) Contact us today on 01203 391 361 or go to our contact us page to find out more about our offer.
9 am – Tiger Tots (All Belts)
10am – White Belts
11am – Yellow & Orange Belts
12pm – Blue & Green Belts
1pm – Red Belts & Dan Test Candidates
2pm – Midnight Blue (Blackbelts)
The next graduation will have our 6 monthly Blackbelt Test starting at 1pm and Finishing at 4pm. We have 7 people from the Bolton School Testing towards their next level. 5 for 1st Dan and 2 to 2nd Dan. I am looking forward to seeing how everyone does. It should a Fantastic day.